you’ll notice i’ve taken a quote out of this work for this weeks widget space.
this is one of my all time favorite books ever for many reasons:
1. i like mr. ferris’ writing style, ’tis a lot of information he covers, yet he keeps it light and interesting.
2. it reminds me to be grateful for the time that i live in…the ability to look back on our history and development the way mr. ferris has AND be able to draw out some lessons for today is a cherished commodity.
3. the depth and breadth of the book makes an admirable synthesis of our quest to understand our earth-home and our place within the universe. mr. ferris deftly weaves together the marriage of physics and astronomy as they team up to find answers to our never-ending questions.
4. it’s one of those books that is best read a few times over….so much information and such a beautiful story of us humans as well. as a writer and a historian, mr. ferris’ attention to detail is also a treasure trove of information.
5. the work leaves me in awe, once again, at us amazing humans. our ability to observe and deduce, question and patiently wait for an answer, makes me proud to be one of us…
happy reading! and be well,